Replace missing teeth, strengthen your bite, and look great. Have your dental implant all done in one place!
Dental implants can be explained as an artificial tooth, where a titanium post is inserted into the jawbone to replace the natural tooth root. Gradually, the implant fuses with the surrounding bone creating a strong and supportive post. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth.
Why consider dental implants?
- Improve function
- Improve speech
- Improve comfort
- Improve appearance and self esteem
When it comes to implant surgery it can to done in a number of different ways. It depends on what the condition of the site(s) is like. Dr Michael Le, our principle dentist and owner has done additional training in implant surgery and implant crowns. He does all our implant work at both Adelaide Dental Centre and Personal Dental Care. With many years of experience behind him, he is here to answer any questions you have before, during and after your procedure. Dr Le will take you through which option will best suit your oral environment and once completed he will also show you how to best clean your new tooth! Alongside our Mia, our Oral Health Therapist, they will then assist you in maintaining optimal health around you implant(s).
A basic overview of an implant procedure is as follows:
- Assessment of the site to determine eligibility, which will include
- Radiograph (x-ray)
- Potential 3D imaging to assess bone density
- Clinical analysis of area including surrounding teeth (adjacent and in opposing arch)
- If suitable Dr Le will determine which type of implant will best suit the site
- Appointment for surgery
- Area for implant is made
- Implant is inserted
- Healing cap is placed on the exposed part of the implant
- Site is given time to heal
- Appoint for review
- Appointment to place crown
- If all is going well after a certain amount of time the healing cap is removed and a porcelain crown is placed
- Specific oral hygiene instructions are given as an implant is different to clean from a natural tooth
Please keep in mind as mentioned before that there are different types of procedures. Dr Le must take many factors into account. Implant placement may be done in several ways. Our aim is to make sure you receive the best option for you and we still take care of your implant once it is finished.